Make this Christmas one to remember with the Avon Valley Railway
PLEASE NOTE TICKETS WILL BE RELEASED FOR SALE IN JUNE SO PLEASE DO BOOK EARLY AS ALL DATES WILL SELL OUT!
Join the Avon Valley Railway this festive season for a ride on one of our steam-hauled trains and enjoy a special visit from Father Christmas!
You’ll arrive at Bitton station and wait on the platform for the arrival of your steam train. The excitement mounts as you board our vintage carriages before the whistle sounds and the train gently pulls away. During your hour-long trip you’ll enjoy the rolling Avon Valley countryside pass by as Santa’s helpers distribute mince pies and festive biscuits to everyone. Then, the moment comes when Father Christmas himself appears and spends a short time with each family and asks that all important question; ‘Have you been good this year?’. He’ll then give each child a quality present designed especially for their age.
Once the train reaches Avon Riverside there will be the opportunity (weather permitting) for photographs with Father Christmas on the platform before you finally return to Bitton.
What’s Included in your ticket
An hour-long (six mile) trip in a heritage carriage behind one of our steam locomotives
A visit from Father Christmas as he greets each family at their seat
A quality present for each child designed for their age
A mince pie or festive biscuit for everyone
Our shop will be open selling a range of railway-themed gifts and souvenirs including one of the largest displays of ‘Thomas the Tank Engine’ products in the local area. The station Buffet will also be open serving hot drinks and light lunches.
Trains will depart from Bitton Station at:
10.20 11.40 13.00 14.20 15.40
Sun 24: £10 per seat
Sat 30: £11 per seat
Sun 1: £13 per seat
Mon 2: £11 per seat
Sat 7 & Sun 8 £14 per seat
Sat 14 & Sun 15 £15 per seat
Sat 21, Sun 22, Mon 23 & Christmas Eve £15 per seat
Tickets cost from £10 per person (both adults and children) depending on the day you choose. Infants (under 1 year) are £5 if you would like Santa to greet them and give a present.
How To Book
Advanced booking is essential for this event
Alternatively contact the booking office on 0117 9325538
- An administration charge of £5.00 is made for cancelled bookings and £5.00 for alterations to bookings.
- For your comfort, smoking is not permitted on the train. Dogs, except guide dogs, are not allowed on the train.
- Promotional discount vouchers and members’ concessions are not valid during this period.
- Refunds are not issued if you do not arrive on time, and whilst every effort will be made to accommodate you on a later train, this cannot be guaranteed.
- Limited accommodation for wheelchair passengers is available on request – please state your requirements clearly when booking.
- Whilst every effort will be made to maintain the timetable the Company does not guarantee that the trains will depart at the times stated, and reserves the right to cancel, alter or suspend any train without notice or to substitute any locomotive. No liability for loss or inconvenience can be accepted.