Volunteers are essential to the running of the Avon Valley Railway and we always welcome additional help. There are many aspects of the railway you can get involved with depending on what your interests and skills are. We have opportunities onboard our trains, in our restoration workshop, on the permanent way, in the ticket office and shop or with our on-train catering.
We welcome any time you can give. Some volunteers help just a few days a year whilst others give a regular weekly commitment (which can be important for safety critical roles). Talk to us today about what skills you’ve got and how you could help us keep our railway going!
The Most Popular Jobs
- Steam & Diesel Locomotives – Locomotive repairs and maintenance, footplate crews
- Carriage & Wagon – Restoring, painting, woodworking, carriage maintenance
- Permanent Way – Track maintenance and repairs
- Ticket Inspector – Travel the line inspecting tickets and answering questions
Other Jobs We Need Help With
- Booking Office – Welcoming visitors, selling tickets and answering phones
- Gift Shop – Serving in the station shop
- On Train Catering – Assiting serving our popular daytime and evening meal events
- Publicity & Editorial – Assisting with our marketing both on and off site
- Raffle ticket sellers – Help raise funds for the charity
- Station Maintenance – Painting, carpentry, building repairs and grass cutting
- Gardeners – Help our maintenance team look after the station gardens