The centre of operations for the Avon Valley Railway is at Bitton, an original Victorian Midland Railway station painstakingly restored by our volunteers. We’ve tried to keep the feel of a local country station whilst providing modern facilities for our visitors. Bitton is also still retains the original goods shed, now an engine shed and our yard which is home to our engines and rolling stock, please note the shed and yard are off limits to the general public.
Your visit is a step back in time and you can;
- Visit our beautifully restored Victorian station at Bitton
- Take a ride in a heritage carriage behind one of our steam or diesel locomotives
- Go for a walk alongside the track on the Bristol & Bath Railway Path (the 13 mile off-road route between Bristol and Bath city centres)
- Learn more about the history of the line in our small museum area
- Enjoy breakfast, lunch or afternoon tea in our station buffet (open daily)
- Pick up a railway-themed souvenir in our gift shop (open on our operating days)
- Visit our picnic area at Avon Riverside Station and watch our steam & diesel trains trundle across the the girder bridge
Download a copy of our brochure by clicking the link below, our brochure includes information on upcoming events, timetables, fares. memberships and more.