Steam into Christmas with the Avon Valley Railway
Ho-ho-ho! Come and see Santa on the Avon Valley Railway! Every child wants to see Father Christmas at Christmas time, but busy shops with long queues full of children waiting up to a couple of hours can quickly drain you of your Christmas cheer.
The Avon Valley Railway has a far more attractive and original idea. Every weekend from late November to Christmas Eve, Father Christmas will be on the steam train at the Avon Valley Railway. Accompanied by his helpers he will make his way along the train, stopping to talk to all the children and, providing they have been good, give them each a quality present. Parents are not neglected as everyone will also receive a delicious mince pie or festive biscuit.
The Santa Special experience takes approximately one hour, during which time, from the comfort of your reserved seats, all the family can enjoy the splendid views of the Avon Valley from the old fashioned carriages and experience the unique sights, sounds and smells of a bygone age when steam was king.
Up to six trips depart throughout the day. Tickets are priced from £10.00 each for children and adults. In comparison with the average charges made to see Santa in the high street stores, the train tickets are excellent value for money.
See our Facebook picture gallery of this year’s Santa Specials or watch our video of Santa visiting Bitton.
Also during the festive season, why not experience one of our Sherry & Mince Pie Specials?
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Trains will depart from Bitton Station at:
10.30 11.45 13.00 14.15 15.30* 16.45*
*These times may not run on all dates, please check when booking.
26 & 27
3, 4, 5, 9, 10, 11, 17, 18, 22, 23 and Christmas Eve
Prices TBC for 2016
How To Book
Advanced booking is essential for this event.
Tickets Coming Soon!
Tickets for this event can be booked via any of the following methods:
- Book online (Coming later this year)
- Call us on 0117 9325538
- An administration charge of £5.00 is made for cancelled bookings and £5.00 for alterations to bookings.
- For your comfort, smoking is not permitted on the train. Dogs, except guide dogs, are not allowed on the train.
- Promotional discount vouchers and members’ concessions are not valid during this period.
- Refunds are not issued if you do not arrive on time, and whilst every effort will be made to accommodate you on a later train, this cannot be guaranteed.
- Limited accommodation for wheelchair passengers is available on request – please state your requirements clearly when booking.
- Whilst every effort will be made to maintain the timetable the Company does not guarantee that the trains will depart at the times stated, and reserves the right to cancel, alter or suspend any train without notice or to substitute any locomotive. No liability for loss or inconvenience can be accepted.